3/3/08

It's okay

Mick nods. “I know…but the future is never certain…we don’t know what’s in store for Katie yet….” He thinks for a moment, then agrees. “Things will be find here, no problem. We just have to wait for the OK to go.”


“Yeah…no, I don’t know yet.” Jason shakes his head as he talks on the phone with Reese. “Depends on how long she’ll have to stay. Hmm? No…I’m not sure. Thought I might take Con up on his offer….not right away, depending.” He pauses. “Yeah, swing by the hotel and pick those things up for me, will ya? And have Laura drop off the clothes here instead of there. I want to…hmm? ….yeah. It should be safe. Alright….yeah, call Con and tell him to let the others know… Right. I…” Jason stops his sentence short as he hears Katie. “Reese, I gotta go.” He hangs up and dashes back across the hall. His heart breaks all over again, seeing Katie sitting up and crying. Without hesitating, he goes to her and sits on the bed beside her, taking her in his strong arms. “Hey, shhh….Katie, it’s okay. You’re all right. Was it a bad dream?” He gently tries to lay her back down. “Just try to relax.”


Cindy hugs Wes tight, finally able to stop crying. As she sits back down, she looks down at her hand, the biggest smile on her face. “Wow,” she breathes. “I can’t believe it.” She looks up at Wes, her eyes dancing. “I feel like a fairytale princess.”
She laughs as the food arrives. “If you dare to claim culinary expertise as this, you can bank on doing all the cooking from here on out!”

No comments: