2/2/08

Invite

Clint rolls his eyes at Wendy. “Very funny.” He nods at Wes. “Yeah, I’m right behind you.” He glances back at Wendy, throwing her a smirk. “And I’ll catch YOU later.”

Jason takes a deep breath as he hears Katie approach the door, and he adopts a casual stance. When she opens the door, his jaw tightens as the tension immediately rears its head again. But he manages to look her in the eye, conveying that he’s willing to get past this hitch in the road. No matter the awkwardness, or how hard it was, Rosetta was right. If he and Katie truly were friends, then this was just something they'd have to deal with. “Hey. I got some files I was going over a while back, and a second pair of eyes is always helpful. Thought maybe you’d want to go over them with me.” His invitation comes across as nothing more than a friendly gesture, though is extended in the form of a truce.

No comments: