3/8/09

Don't need...

Rocky pulls a chair over and turns it around to straddle it and face Jess. He sips his own coffee and shrugs. "It's not too bad out this morning. Going to be a warm day I think. Kinda hazy out right now."

He pauses, then looks at her again. "I don't have to work today... if you needed to or just wanted to get out or anything, I'm free."


Ryder had been lost in thought, and he looks up quickly as Katie enters the break room. For a moment, he just looks at the offered bag, but he doesn't accept it. Instead, he turns, tossing out the rest of his coffee and ignoring her question. "Don't need it," he replies a bit gruffly. "I won't be sticking around long enough to use it."

His eye remain dull and almost cold - a contrast to the day they'd met. "Stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours." Aiming for the door, he starts to shoulder past her.

No comments: