7/15/08

Some excitement

"It's a medical report." Carson hands Nate the letter. "Misty is dying." The words catch in his throat and he turns his face from Nate, suddenly slamming his fist on the top of the dresser. "I wasn't here...the one night...and I wasn't here."

Gritting his teeth, he spins back around to head out of the bedroom. An anger boiled in his veins - one of a deeper ire than he'd ever known. Someone would pay. "Frankie's dead meat."

Aiming for the door, he knows exactly where he's headed. He'd heard about Frankie from Wyatt before, and knew that Wyatt's girlfriend might very well know where Frankie had been staying.


Morgan gives a little nod. "Yeah, I won't let her keep yapping." As Frankie leaves the room, Morgan flops down into a folding chair, heaving a sigh, and mumbles to himself about being hungry with nothing to eat around here.

Looking to Misty again, he quirks an eyebrow. "Interesting fellow, your brother. Though please don't put me in the same looney category as him, eh? I may be taking a risk here, but I ain't one to do flipflops like he does." He gives a chuckle. "I do feel sorry for you though. Being his sister must suck. 'Course he means well, so I'd just relax if I were you. The less you fight him, the less painful it will be for you."


Bret quirks a wry grin. "My work?" He shrugs, playing with his food for a moment, his gaze resting on a sprig of parsley. "Oh...it's going. Not too easy being back there..." His eyes get a far away look in them as memories fill his mind. "Not the same without Brandon around. But..." He sighs, forcing a smile and looking back up at Charlotte. "Con's coming back, so that will liven things up. And we're doing some blasting around those caves so there's been some excitement."

No comments: