7/15/08

Defiance

Bret reaches across the edge of the table, his heart beating a little faster as he takes Charlotte’s hand. “Well…I guess fate has given us Saturday then.”


Carson moves a little closer to Aerith. “Where is your grandmother’s house?”

Wyatt stands from his seat, a little put off by this intrusion, and he can see that it’s upsetting Aerith. “Hey, settle down, take it easy.”

“Don’t tell me to take it easy,” Carson snaps. “We don’t have much time.”

“Better to step back and take a good look around than barge in guns blazing before you know what’s really going on.”

“You want to tell me how to do this?” Carson straightens, looking Wyatt in the eye.

“Look, if Misty got taken by Frankie, then I’m as mad as heck, but it’s best we keep our cool.”

“Who’s we?”

“Well you can’t go it alone,” Wyatt reasons. “Let’s get a hold of Reese and…”

“Don’t you dare,” Carson hisses, his eyes ablaze. “Reese gets a hold on this, he won’t let me help out. Or have you forgotten I’m not a part of the team anymore?” He defies Wyatt with his stare, challenging him. “But you are. So you’ve got the right to stop me right here if you want. Cuff me and take me in.” Carson holds out his wrists. “Go ahead.”

Wyatt rolls his eyes. “Look, Carson, I know you’re worried, but use your head, will you? The more help there is, the better.”

“Fine.” Carson backs off. “Don’t tell me where her grandmother’s house is. I’ll find it myself.” Spinning around, he stalks angrily towards the exit.

No comments: