7/15/08

Is that clear?

“I’ve already thought things through,” Carson growls as he gets back into his car. Throwing into gear, he holds his glare. “Don’t worry. I won’t kill him…right away. He’ll talk first. Believe me…he’ll talk.”


“No, but, Dad, I, no, wait, listen, but…” Wyatt sighs and closes his phone, leaning on the counter at Mom and Pop’s. He looks at Aerith with apology. “I’m sorry…I’ll be on call now. I should stick around. Can I get a rain check on the lake?”


Halfway to Aerith’s grandmother’s house, Nate’s phone rings. Before he can even say anything, Reese can be heard. “Nathan Driers, you stop right where you are and don’t go any further, do you understand me?!” Reese’s voice is loud and commanding. “Carson is not, I repeat, NOT on this case. I will have you, Wyatt and a couple of Brown’s men on this, but I do not want Carson involved. Is that clear?” He pauses, but still doesn’t give enough time for an answer. “Disobey this, and you’re jeopardizing your job, Nate. Mark my words, you side with Carson one more time, and so help me, you’re off the force. DON'T push me.”


Morgan shakes his head with a roll of his eyes. "You know...I might be more willing to make you more comfortable if you cut out the "kid" crap. Just because I'm under thirty, it does not make me a juvenile, you got that?"

He stands up with a sigh, walking to the corner of the room. "I don't know why I should give you anything. I'd rather you passed out so you shut up. But Frankie would probably go after me then, and I'd be the one with that crazy loon on MY hands."

He turns back around with a bottle of Advil in his hand and moves to fill a small glass with water. "And if crazy runs in the family, wait to tell me later." He gives Misty a once over. "I like seeing you the way you are."

No comments: