7/15/08

Plans

"Nate, I need your help." Carson's voice is strained with an emotional panic. "Misty's gone. I don't know who took her, I don't know where, but she's hurt. You gotta help me...I can't go to Reese, not now. "

His eyes drift over the letter as he talks, and words pop out at him. "...headaches....rapidly growing worse...brain damage...death."

Carson feels as though he's going to be sick. "I'm over at her place Nate..." A truth hits him hard. "She's going to die if we can't find her."


"Hey, don't go blaming me." Morgan leans up against the wall and crosses his arms. "A guy like me's got to find money where he can. "You're the one crazy enough to go snatching your own sister."

He thinks for several minutes about the go-ahead to call Carson. "I wanna wait just a bit...let him really panic." He grins. "Seeing him panic would be nice for once." His eyes light up. "Then, when he's right where I want him...bam! No more Carson Banks to worry about!"

Glancing down at Misty as she speaks, Morgan goes to the corner and squats down by her. "You're in your brother's hands now, that's what's happening. Aren't you glad? No more of that right side of the law stuff, no more of those stupid rules to follow... You may not appreciate it now...but you will...you will."


"So..." Bret twirls his water glass in his hand as he looks across the table at Charlotte. The restaurant was fairly quiet...it was a casual atmosphere, but nicer than a fast food joint. "You're here to stay." A grin tweaks the corner of his mouth. "Still helping out with your sister's practice?"

No comments: