4/20/08

Back in time

Jason grows tired, but tries to stay alert for Lockheart as they finalize plans.

Finally as she leaves, he’s left alone for a few minutes before a guard comes to get him and take him back to his cell.

As they walk, a feeling of dread comes over Jason. Down the long row of cells, he knew his was at the end. Without warning, his mind begins to toy with him, reminding him of another time he didn’t want to be taken to a room…to be locked up….to be left and forgotten.

He closes his eyes and opens them back up again, trying to stay in touch with reality. He was fine…this was different…there were no Alex’s here.


Clint raises an eyebrow, but scoots over as he’s ordered. He rolls his eyes as Wendy pushes them back under the car. “I shoulda known better than to give you an inch,” he teases.

He gestures to the engine. “Oh, this has a crack here, and another leak here that I can’t find, then I got to replace this part here…” He scans the mess. “Few new parts…a little bit of TLC…and this baby should be running in no time. Of course…”

Clint turns his head to Wendy. “If some people would quit interrupting me, it might get done a lot sooner.” As he pauses, he realizes his face is almost touching hers as there’s hardly enough room for both of them under the car. He swallows hard, then quickly turns back to looking up at the engine. “So um, yeah…that’s about it.”


Luke stops again, looking into Angel’s eyes for a moment. He’d promised her no more secrets, yet he’d failed at that again. He just hadn’t wanted her to worry… “Oh, Angel.” He lets out a weary sigh. “Can we just go back in time? Back when we didn’t have so many worries…so many things to think about?”

He shakes his head. “Every time I worry about the road getting harder, I remember your willingness to stick it out with me…. And every time I remember that, I feel even more guilt for asking you to do so.”


“Hey, Jamie!” A smile can be heard in Con’s voice. “Glad to know you’re almost there. I was figuring you might be. I almost called you. Nothing much going on here…it’s quiet. Haven’t heard a thing from TJY, so I’m not thinking about it much. Though I thought I’d give Reese a ring later to ask about Jason.”

No comments: