3/10/08

Thanks

Jason is startled by BJ’s approach and isn’t quite sure how to act around the young boy. Seeing BJ mimicking his position, he can’t help but grin a little.
As he’s given an action figure, his eyebrows raise. Now what? “Um, hi.” He studies the child for a moment, feeling more awkward than he should. “So…you’re BJ…” He takes the action figure and holds him up. “But I don’t recognize this guy.”


Wyatt’s heart breaks all over again as he sees Katie’s tears. Even though this was the right thing to do, it didn’t lessen the sting.
As she reaches for a hug, he instinctively reaches down, lifting her out of her chair and placing her on his lap so he can hold her. “It’s okay, Katie…it’s not your fault, alright?” He wipes away some of her tears. “And don’t you worry. I’m still your friend, no matter what, and I’m not going anywhere. I’m here to stay unless you tell me to leave.” He holds in his emotions in order to give her a reassuring smile. “You’re just too great of a woman, you know that?” He chuckles and gives her a brief but tight hug. “You’re gonna make it, Katie…you’re gonna make it.”


Con can’t help his laugh at Mable. “Well I’M certainly not starving,” he calls to her. “If I keep coming here, I’m gonna have to do twice the workouts I’m doing now!”
He finishes his soda pop and sighs with content. “Alright, well…I guess that’s that.” He looks at Jamie. “You ready?”
Standing, he goes to the counter to pay, and hollers back to the kitchen. “Great, pizza, Herb. Thanks.”

No comments: