3/10/08

Please don't!

Kyle's eyes widen as Katie mentions the nurse. "No!" He slides to his knees beside her bed, grabbing her hand to dramatically plead with her. "Please don't call the nurse! I promise I'll behave!"

Mortified, Jen reaches down to slap his shoulder. "Kyle, get up off the floor, you nerd, before you embarrass yourself."

He turns his head to her. "I got over being embarrassed a long time ago." He hops back up off the floor, enthusiastic about the picture. "Great! Tell me what you need and I can bring it tomorrow - no need to rush it. And...we got church in the morning, so what say we swing by here about...one o'clock?"

"Make it one-thirty," Jen intervenes. "You're giving that lesson to Taylor, remember?"

"Oh yeah." Kyle gives Jen a teasing hug from the side, looking at Katie. "This is my walking day planner. Isn't she cute?" He laughs. "Okay. One-thirty. Be prepared for an afternoon of fun fun fun!" He grins at her description of Wes and Clint. "Wow...there really are other crazy people out here." He looks up, throwing his hands in he air. "I'm not alone! I knew it!"

"Calm yourself," Jen chides. "You're gonna get that nurse in here all on your own if you keep it up."

Kyle slaps a hand over his mouth in horror, but his eyes laugh as he looks at Katie. Forcing himself to be serious, he gives a little wave. "Alright, so we'll see you tomorrow then.

No comments: