3/2/08

My Stability

The afternoon seems to go by in a blur. By the time Jason is back at the hotel with Katie, it feels like the day had been a dream. His body felt like it had been run over my a truck, but his mind is still running a million miles per hour. Everyone had been so nice…things would be different at TJY now…but I would be better…he had a circle of friends now that he’d never known he had…it was a comfort he’d never experienced.

Setting his guitar on its stand in the corner of his room, he looks at it one more time, just shaking his head. He only wished Con had been there like he’d wanted to be, but there had been a change of plans.

Smelling supper cooking, Jason makes his way to the kitchen. Not seeing Katie, he looks around until spotting her out in a chair on the balcony. Sighing, he tucks his thumbs in his jeans pockets and wanders out onto the deck. He takes a deep breath of the warm night air and leans down to rest his elbows on the railing, looking down at the swimming pool, then out past the city lights. He’d hardly had a chance to talk to Katie all day...though he’d wanted to. The day would have been much different if she hadn’t have brought him this far.

He finally straightens and turns around, crossing his arms casually and offering half a grin. “I haven’t had a chance yet to thank you…” A short laugh escapes and he lowers his gaze for just a moment before looking back up to see her eyes. “You do realize that if it wasn’t for you…I never would have been able to do the things I did today. You’ve…helped me see things in a different light ever since I met you, and…” He purses lips in thought. “Well...I don’t know how I would have made it through all this without you. You’ve been my stability, Katie…thank you.”

No comments: