3/28/08

Embarrassed

Con grins, but has to agree with Jamie. "He gives me the creeps too. Come on." He puts an arm around her shoulders and walks with her through the hospital to outside, settling into the car. He's quiet on the way to TJY, just thinking about going back there... the strange feelings tied to it. He didn't want to have to contemplate it...he'd never thought he'd feel this way, but he did.

Arriving, he parks in his usual spot unaware that across the lot, his sister is in her car. Con gets out and waits for Jamie to walk with her inside, holding the door for her. Reaching the floor, he lets her go towards her own desk. "I'm gonna get a few things in my office...if you need anything, let me know, alright?" He gives her shoulder a squeeze before taking off down the hall.


Carson can't help his grimace as Misty investigates his wound, "Yeah, 'on fire' would be a good way to put it." He shakes his head at her question. "I don't know. I've been banged up so many times, I couldn't tell ya what they've given me." He catches Misty's eye, wondering what she thinks...she was obviously new here...and her first job was to help the enemy. How must she feel?

Rick leaves his task unfinished and comes to look over Misty's shoulder. "Hmm...I wonder if it's that disinfectant I used. I remember there was only one other time someone reacted...it was Wyatt I think." He nods to the large medicine cabinet. "Misty, why don't you grab the iodine over there. Clean the wound out the best you can with some of the sterile cloths and hot water first just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then get some iodine on there and put a new bandage on. We'll see if that helps. If not, we can try giving him a shot of antibiotics, but I'd rather not unless we have to."

Carson lifts one eyebrow slightly at the mention of a shot. If there was one thing he hated, it was needles.


Laura shifts her head at the knock on her window and sees Nate's form as hears his voice. Her shoulders droop even further, and she wishes for a hole that would open up and swallow her right there so she could avoid her embarrassment.

Having no choice but to accept the fact that she'd been cornered, Laura reaches for the door handle and slowly steps out of the car. Her head hanging, she shuts the door and sniffs, leaning back against the car and scuffing the toe of her shoe on the ground.

Still looking at her feet, she takes the back of her hand to swipe her eyes, her makeup smearing even more. The heat creeps up her neck as she knows she looks a sight. "I'm sorry, Nate," she mumbles, her voice still shaky. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

Laura crosses her arms, unwilling to look up at him. She sniffs again. "My car's been having trouble...I don't think jumping it will help. Just...it's alright...I don't want to take you away from work. I'll just have somebody else take me later I guess...Maybe if Con comes in...or something..."

No comments: