3/16/08

Come to get you

Jason watches Jamie, his eyebrow rising. Everyone at TJY liked Con…and Jamie had been a friend of Con’s for a long time. But something seemed different. Jason hadn’t expected her to be quite this emotional. A small amount of confusion evolves from curiosity, but he says nothing.

His phone rings on his belt, and he steps outside to take it. “Yeah….oh, hi, Wyatt.” Though Jason had conversed with Wyatt several times since returning from Texas, they still hadn’t discussed all that had happened, so any conversation was just a little awkward. “Hmm? No, he’s not doing so great. Rick had to give him a sedative to calm down…. What’s that… Angel? Yeah, I know her. Oh, really? Not a bad idea. Yeah, I trust her, she’s good. …Okay, thanks for letting me know. Does Reese know all this? Alright. Do me a favor and tell him I’ll be back in when I can, but I’m gonna stick around here for a while. …Thanks again, Wyatt. Bye.”

Jason flips his phone shut and reenters the room, drawing Rick to the side. “That was Wyatt. Katie suggested he call Angel, a doctor back at the ranch in Texas. Figured it couldn’t hurt to have her take a look at Con too, and she might have some ideas.”

Rick nods. “I’ve done all I know how to do, so any help is welcomed. I just hope she gets here in time.”

Con sleeps, but his breathing is still shallow, his body still resisting the foreign agent, and fighting, despite the sedative. His arms twitch a little, his hands grabbing the bedsheets with a vice grip.


Angel’s news catches Luke off guard, but he recovers quickly. He returns her hug, then puts a hand to her face, knowing that this is something she needs to do. “Okay. Call me when you know more.”


Kyle sits up straighter in the couch, a little bit concerned, and growing more serious. “Man, I’m sorry to hear about your friend…if you’re sure you want to get out though I thought I’d swing by in about an hour. I think I know what restaurant you’re talking about. So… if you want, be ready, and I’ll come on up to get ya.”

No comments: