3/16/08

Asking

Con fights off Jamie’s attempts to help, no longer realizing the reality around him. Swinging his arm, it hits the lamp on his nightstand, sending it off the edge and crashing to the floor. The back of his hand bleeds from a cut he received, but he doesn’t react to the new pain.

Rick answers his phone as he’s getting into his car. “I’m coming, Jamie, I’m coming. Just stay calm, alright?” He starts the engine and sees Jason sprinting for his bike. “Jason and I are on our way right now. Just hang in there. What’s happening?”

Wyatt jots down Angel’s name on a piece of paper. “Rick just left again, but I’m going to call her right now. At this point, I think Rick is gonna need all the help he can get, and if it’s as bad as Jason, we don’t have a lot of time to work with here. Thanks, Katie…I’ll talk to you soon.” He hangs up and immediately dials Angel’s office at the ranch.
“Hi, Angel? My name is Wyatt, I’m over in Nevada at TJY. I would have gone through Austin, but there’s not much time. Con’s out here and he’s been poisoned with a different strain of what took Jason down a while back. Our in-house doctor doesn’t know what to do, and Katie suggested I call you… If you’re willing to come, I can call the airport to have a private jet standing by to fly you in. I know this is sudden but…would you?”

No comments: