3/16/08

Anything

Jason hears Angel’s voice and goes to Con’s door. “Angel, hi. We’re down here.” He motions her inside. “Angel, this is Rick. Rick, Angel.”

Rick shakes her hand. “Glad to meet you.” He gestures to the bed. “Con’s not doing so hot. He was pretty restless and was fighting so much I ended up giving him a sedative to calm him down, but it’s starting to wear off.”

Con is starting to writhe again, fighting the bedsheets, his hand going back to his head as he winces.

Rick frowns. “He’s burning up, but I can’t get the fever back down. I just don’t know what else to do for him. He’s not responding to anybody…I can’t get him to come completely conscious…” He rubs a hand over his face. “Anything you can think of, I’m game to try.”


Kyle is taken by surprise by Katie’s hug, but returns it with a laugh. “Yes, off to lunch. Away we go. You and me…” he pauses, trying to think of a rhyme. “And on with the show?” He rolls his eyes. “Mom and Pop’s it is, my dear.”

Once to the restaurant, Kyle parks and helps Katie inside. The bell on the door signals their entrance, and he finds a table for them to sit at. “Mmm…been a while since I’ve been here. What would you recommend?”

No comments: