10/2/09

Unsaid

Leo ambles a little closer, his motions a bit awkward. He doesn't say much, letting Ryan lead any conversation. When she mentions the other girl though, his eyes drift to the floor, then back up again. He gives her a lame shrug.

"She's um... not the new girl." All he can do is shrug again. "She... never was. I was just... she..." He clams up, knowing Ryan knew well enough to figure it out on her own. His face gets just a little red.

"I just... wanted to come say hi, I guess. Um... I don't want to bother you." He turns around, debating whether or not to leave. There was way to much going unsaid.


Axel mulls over Jess' suggestion. "Guess it can't hurt to see if Carson can hook me up there. I wouldn't mind another option and I know I can trust the guys over at the Elite."

He takes a sip of his water, continuing to listen and he nods. "Yeah... I know what you mean. Ryan was stupid, but... even so, forgiveness has to come in there somewhere, otherwise everyone will just stay miserable."

Glancing down as Jess takes his hand, he just looks at it for a moment, then reaches over with his other hand to cover hers, stopping the motion. "I can't feel it anymore," he explains quietly. He gives her hand a squeeze. "Thanks, though."


Jade whips around at the strange voice behind her. Looking up at Dan, she lifts her eyebrows, then blinks. "Ma'am? You must be the new guy Dad told me about."

Tucking a stubborn strand of hair behind her ear, she stretches out her hand. "I'm Jade. Mick's my dad, I was just looking for him. He doesn't know I'm here though, so I'm not surprised I can't find him. I... did forget your name though."

No comments: