8/24/09

Hearing

"Whoa, hey, it's okay." Ryder steps up quickly to the mess, leaning down to help Katie. He gives her a wink as he mops up some of the water. "I do this all the time."

Jason has stepped close too, and helps Katie up gently so Ryder can finish cleaning up and she doesn't have to. "You alright?" He bends his head a little so he can see her face. He contains a wave of pain that ricochets through his skull, keeping his emotions from letting anything out. Instead, he forces a smile. "I didn't want to wake you up... I figured you needed sleep. How are you feeling?"


Gage jumps, yanked from his quiet thoughts as Sapphire comes into the interrogation room. He catches her eye, just staring at her for a moment. "Um... I... don't know if I like Chinese food but... I guess I'm willing to try."

His stomach growls loudly in agreement and his face reddens. "I guess I'm hungry too." Standing up, he walks awkwardly for the door, stopping just a couple feet from Sapphire. "Um... I'll wait in my room I suppose. You can get me when you're gonna leave."


Reese looks up from his desk as Hope brings the papers to him in his office. His usual smile wasn't there and he eyes her for a moment. "Thank you." He's ready to let her go, but then seems to change his mind. "Hope... I just got a call from Chief Brown and.... the hearing for Scott has been set.... for tomorrow. I thought you might like to know."

No comments: