5/20/08

Apathy

For the moment, Trent ignores the others in the room. "I don't understand either," he admits softly. "I just...something told me to come back, even if I got thrown out or taken down. I guess my conscious finally had enough."

Looking at Angel his eyes finally drift to her hand. A strange pang in his heart emphasizes the reality that no one could waltz back into a group like this after so many years an expect things not to have changed. And he hadn't...but he hadn't known what to expect, and therefore had not imagined much. But seeing that ring on Angel's finger drives home the miserable truth that he had lost something he'd once deemed so precious...and it had been for selfish motives. Though never dreaming it could have even been regained, there is a finality to it now where there hadn't been. The past truly was the past, not to be relived.

Caught up with the awkward reunion, Trent continues to converse with Angel not knowing what else he can say to the others right now anyway. A slight smile creases his lips...one full of melancholy. "So...who's the lucky guy?"


Scott carefully drinks some water, then rests his head back on his pillow. "How do I think I'm feeling?" he repeats, furrowing his brow. "I don't think I'm thinking clearly at all at the moment." He widens his eyes for a moment as he tries to get his brain to function. "What did you guys give me anyway? I feel like I'm floating on the ceiling."

Getting another sip of water, he grimaces a little. "I'm sore....really sore...feels like my ribs are on fire. But I guess it's good I'm feeling something at all."


Jason gives Nate a sidelong glance, sensing that he knew more than Jason would like, just from his own perceptiveness. Jason now almost wished he just would have gone home...but he knew if he did that right now, he'd just sit and let everything fester. At least right now he had something to do...something other than Katie to think about.

He shrugs lamely, offering only an apathetic look. "Nate, I don't care what we do or where we go. This is one ride I've given up trying to control." He moves to wait for Nate to head for the exit, signaling that he'll follow wherever Nate decides to go.

No comments: