4/10/08

Eyes

Carson allows Misty to push his hat up, and stares into her eyes…those never-ending reflections of her soul. “Let them think I kidnapped you then. I don’t care.”

His hand moves up to tuck her blowing hair behind her ear and he takes a step closer to her, his voice a hushed whisper. “The eyes of the conqueror, so pure and true. They slice the heart in half, dividing the soul into the paths it must choose. For it is but a path the soul must take…a journey…wrought with battles and wars. But the eyes…they are ever watching, ever guiding, ever revealing the true nature of this conquering queen.”

Carson holds his gaze, unmoving for several silent moments until he speaks again. “I don’t know what you do to me, Misty, but it isn’t fair. I can’t win no matter how hard I try.”

Finally giving in, he leans in to press a kiss to her lips, his arm finding its way around her waist to pull her to himself.

No comments: