3/12/08

Cool off

Kyle continues to stare at the sky, though a sly smile forms. “What? If I said I was running from the FBI, would you suddenly show me your badge?”
He laughs at her plain cloud. “Amazing… funny how a bunch of dust and water can make something so…fluffy looking.”

“Oh, that was deep,” Mike teases.

Kyle rolls his eyes and points. “Ah, and there’s my dream boat…ooh, and over there is that fat little guy who runs the newspaper stand downtown!”

Mike actually has to roll back to look at that one, and starts to laugh. “Hey, you’re right!”

Kyle grins and turns his head to look at Katie. He can sense her peace of mind…it was different than yesterday. Propping himself up on his elbow again, he studies her face. “Well I’ll be…and here’s a beautiful young lady sitting right beside me.”

Phil quirks an eyebrow and exchanges a glance with Mike, who gives a little nod, his eyes twinkling. Phil gets up, and grabs Kyle’s still-wet shirt. Coming up behind his brother, he holds the shirt over Kyle and wrings it out.

Kyle doesn’t move as the water is deposited onto his head, though his eyes narrow with amused annoyance. “Thanks, Phil. I really needed that after I’d just started to dry off.”

No comments: