1/29/08

You sure?

Austin groans, finally plopping down into a chair. "I don't have a clue where he would have gone...Con?"

Con stays standing, folding his arms across his chest. "Well, he hasn't led on about going anywhere at all. I'm just as surprised as y'all are..." He shakes his head. "I know he was upset about being suspended...maybe he was just mad and took off to cool down."

"But WHERE?" Austin slams a hand down onto the table. "Of all the stupid...I can't believe he did this! To put himself in jeopardy is one thing, then to top it all off, he dragged Katie along with him." He takes his phone and dials angrily, waiting for just a moment. "Yeah, Reese, it's Austin. You haven't heard from Jason by any chance, have you? ....No, he left in the middle of the night without telling anyone. ...You haven't?" He sighs in disgust. "I didn't think he would have talked to you, but it was worth a shot. We don't know where he would have gone. ...Well, he was upset about being suspended... Con thinks he might have just taken off to cool down, but we still don't know where that would be. ......No, we don't think it was foul play. He left me a note. ....Alright. If you hear anything, call me right away. Thanks." He hangs up, his face showing his anger. "He's never done anything like this before. I don't get it."

Cindy looks up as Wes enters, tears of worry behind her eyes. "Jason and Katie are gone. No one knows where they went. You don't know anything, do you?"


Jason sighs deeply, shaking his head. "I am so dead..." He pauses, looking at Katie out of the corner of his eye. "You sure you want to stick with me on this one?"

No comments: