11/22/09

I was...

Though Jade wants to know more about Dan's own situation, she doesn't have a problem switching topics. There would be other times for her to find out more.

She grins as she starts into her salad. "I was horse crazy the day I was born. I guess I got that from Dad. Even after he was gone though, I insisted on having something to do with horses. Eventually I got to take riding lessons and... here I am."

Giving a little laugh, she looks across at Dan, her eyes twinkling. "Your turn."


Gunner leans into Bree, his head resting on her shoulder as a few tears fall from his eyes. "I just... thought it would be over."

His hand finds hers and he grips it, hanging on for reassurance. Though still shaking, his heart starts to slow a little. He sniffs again, trying to gain back control. "I felt so good... and then... then the dream and... and I just want it to be over again but... but I don't want it to be, it just... I don't know what to do."

Closing his eyes tight, he tries to rid his mind of the images from his nightmare. "I was better... they let me go," he whimpers. "Why can't I just be me again?"

No comments: