8/27/09

Seven

Receiving Katie's communication, Jason cringes. "Don't... gah, that hurts." Taking a deep breath, he turns back to the motorcycle, still visibly in pain. "Don't use your emotions to talk to me right now, 'k babe?"

Getting to the bike, he leans on it a moment and shakes his head. "You crazy?" he mutters. "I don't care if you know how to drive or not, this bike is too big for you and we'll both wind up as roadkill."

He forces Katie to scoot back again before getting on in front of her. Then putting his helmet on, he turns to her one more time. He didn't know why he was telling her this, but somehow, he knew what to ask. "Put your hands on me." Even through leather, the closer Katie got, the better. It was almost like someone sucking off the foamy top of a soda pop to keep it from overflowing. Her emotional draw was just enough to take off the edge... for just long enough that he knew he could make it back to town. Deep down, he feared he knew the problem, but he would see Rick first. Would this thing never end?


"Well..." Scott gives a short chuckle. "I guess I wasn't expecting to be free at this point so... I have no idea where to go tonight."

He holds up Hope's hand, his thin fingers wrapping around hers. "How about... we grab subs on the way out of town and have a nice sunset supper on the edge of the lake somewhere?" For the first time in a long time, a shimmer is evident in his eye. "And... I even know someone who would like to come along... and she won't eat much."

"Scott!" Gunner has been left alone in the hall, and raps his knuckles on the door. "I'm missin' a game, let's go!"

Scott quirks an eyebrow. "You don't watch sports!"

"See? Then I'm missing a game, aren't I?" Though they couldn't see him, Gunner grins, lazily leaned back against the wall. "And yes, you can borrow my car."

Now Scott can't help a laugh and he looks back to Hope. "Looks like I can pick you up then. Seven?"

No comments: