7/27/09

Apologize

Ryder gives a little sigh, his shoulders dropping. "You didn't do anything wrong, okay? Nothing was your fault."

He pats her leg, knowing he just needed to say what was necessary. "I... know this might be hard for you to understand... but try, okay? It's okay that I'm your friend... I want to be your friend, and I enjoy looking out for you. But you're also my job and... well..." How was he supposed to say it? "...It was... wrong of me... to get...closer than that."

Finding her hand, he gives it a squeeze, then offers her a crooked grin. "You're just too pretty for a bloke to hang around," he teases. He cocks his head, studying her for a moment. "I'm sorry I was rough on you earlier. I didn't mean to upset you. I just don't know how to apologize enough for what's been happening. You deserve better. And I have one more course of action I can try."

No comments: