2/23/09

Suggestion

“You are full of it,” Ryder retorts. He makes several more steps back down towards the trail, then stops to turn around again. “My guess is, that you’re good enough, that being an agent is easy for you. Reese sent you because you’re one of the best, but you haven’t even been with TJY all that long, which proves you must be a natural at something.”

He shakes his head. “Last I checked though, tolerance for pain and threats to hit a teammate weren’t enough to make the cut though. So either a lot has changed, or you got here because you’re arrogant enough to slip in through the back door. Or maybe it’s because Carson likes you so much.”

Biting his tongue, Ryder stops, his eyes ablaze. “If I were you, I’d turn right back around and go back to your team. Unless the only reason you’re following me is because you don’t think your blokes are smart enough to get you back safely the way we came.”

No comments: