7/1/08

Fine

Jason furrows his brow, a little confused. But if Katie said everything was alright, then it was alright. “Yeah…okay…” He lets the call end and hangs up the phone. Odd…he felt fine again. Feeling silly, he tosses another chip to Trooper and once again changes channels on the tv.


Scott takes a moment, then nods to Katie. “Um…yeah…I’m sorry, I…” He stops, feeling perfectly fine. “I’m fine…I guess.”

He frowns, trying to decide if that were really the truth, and it was. He nods. “Really…I don’t know what hit me, but whatever it was has passed.”

He looks at Katie, giving her an embarrassed smile. “I’d hate to end the evening now. We just got started.”


Even though Carson’s sleeping bag is by the door, he finds himself on the couch with a blanket instead. But it’s not the blanket that’s keeping him warm, it’s Misty. His arms around her, they watch a second movie, though are starting to grow tired. He gives Misty’s shoulder a little pat. “Hey…you should got to bed before you fall asleep here and get a crick in your neck.”

No comments: