5/7/08

Hands

Carson’s eyes narrow as he receives the water drops being shook off of Misty’s hair. Reaching out, he grabs her arm and pulls her down on the couch next to him, so she has to lean on his chest, and he stares at her face, now only inches from his. “Miss Miller, you keep this up and you’re just going to have to deal with more consequences - you do realize this.”


Laura is pretty quiet until they reach the ice cream shop, and as Nate continues to order her around, she shoots him a wry grin. “My word, what’s gotten into you, oh, Mr. polite? And I want two scoops of raspberry, but please, not two week’s worth.”


“Oh, I’m sorry to hear about your grandmother.” Wyatt keeps his eyes on the road. “That’s a rough spot to be in.”

He grins a little. “Ahh, New York, huh? I thought that was an eastern accent I heard. Yeah, it’s pretty quiet out here…but I like it. I’ve been here all my life. Traveled a lot, but this is where I hang my hat.”

Seeing Aerith out of the corner of his eye, he can tell she’s nervous, and for her sake, keeps the conversation alive. “So…seeing as though you just got lost, I’m assuming you haven’t gotten to your grandmother’s at all yet. When you do, let me give you the number of the better auto shop in town so they can help get those tires you need on your car. “


As Katie’s hand brushes Scott’s, he automatically turns his head, and catches her eye. He stares at her gaze in the dim lighting for several moments. Her fingers running over his hand sends a warm sensation shooting up his arm. Not dropping his eyes, he turns his palm to take Katie’s hand in his, and holds it gently, running his thumb over hers.

No comments: