3/5/08

Needed?

Jason slowly enters Katie’s room, not settling down into a chair just yet. Why he suddenly felt awkward, he wasn’t sure. It just seemed he was the outsider, and if everyone else was there, was his presence really wanted?
He offers a slight grin and shakes his head. “No…I haven’t eaten since lunch, but I was just thinking about it. I bet you’ll be brought your supper soon. I should go down to the cafeteria and get something for myself.” He stops and looks at he for a long moment. “Here you are, the one in the hospital bed, and you’re still taking care of me. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?” He glances downward, smirking at himself. Katie was so strong in any situation…and he continually failed at staying on top of things…if anything made him feel just a bit worthless, that would do it, let alone wondering if he was really even needed here. “I don’t have to stay the night here if you don’t want me to,” he mentions casually as he goes to retrieve some money for supper from his bag.

No comments: