3/5/08

Hostage

Jason chuckles as he takes the menu. "There's just so many choices, I don't know if I can pick." He grimaces. "I think you're right...the chicken sounds the best."
With his free arm he calls down to have their food brought up, and it's not long before their meal is there.

With a movie playing on tv, talk is minimal, but the atmosphere is peaceful. Once supper is through, Jason winds up kicking off his shoes and settling back with Katie again, his arm once again around her in an attempt to keep away her fears, only moving when the nurse comes in to check on Katie or readjust anything.

As the evening becomes late and another movie comes on, Jason finds his eyelids growing heavier and heavier. He rubs Katie's arm gently. "Psst...if I don't go claim that chair in the corner here pretty soon I'm gonna fall asleep right here." He offers a drowsy grin. "Think I can have my arm back, or are you going to hold me hostage?"


Mick looks up as Rosetta comes and sits down, and he can immediately see that something is wrong. "Rosetta, what is it? Who just called?"

No comments: