3/18/08

Memorable

Jason makes his rounds at TJY, reporting to Reese and talking to Laura. He reassures her that Con is going to be okay, and suggests she wait until the next day to see him as he needs his rest.

Finished with as much work as he can get done for the day, he heads back to the hospital, weary from the events.

Arriving at Katie’s room, he knocks quietly and enters, a tired smile creasing his lips. “Hey, Hero.”


While the others disperse after supper, Luke remains in the quiet mess hall, waiting for Angel to return.


“So, did you have fun today?” Phil flops down in the couch and flips on the tv.

Kyle turns in the easy chair, pausing his writing. “Mm-hmm.”

“Anything special?”

“Just lunch at Mom and Pop’s, then back here to clean up.”

“Talk much about the band?”

“No…I told her she could tell Jason though. He’d been busy all day with their friend, so I figured he had enough on his mind.”

Phil turns his attention to his brother, sensing something just a little out of the ordinary. “Anything else?”

Kyle quirks an eyebrow at him. “Should there be?”

“I don’t know…” Phil shrugs. “You’ve been quiet since I got home. That’s an abnormality.”

A wide grin forms, and Kyle shakes his head. “Just thinking, Bro… just thinking.”

“Anything you care to share?”

“Nope.” Kyle turns his attention back to his notepad, still grinning. “I think I like my thoughts right where they are.” …nice and neat and perfect and memorable


Con accepts the glass of water and takes a few swallows before setting it back down again on the night stand. He scrunches his eyes shut tight, then opens them again, still trying to rid himself of the mental fog. “I feel like I’ve slept for a year and I’m still tired.”

Pausing, he furrows his brow. “What all happened, anyway? I remember getting sick yesterday…and you were here last night…I think…right? Then Rick was here today and Angel too? Either that or I had some major hallucinations.”

He shakes his head at her question. “I’m almost hungry, but not enough to want anything right now. Thanks though…. How long are you staying?”

No comments: