2/6/08

Guessing

Laura readily agrees. "Oh yeah, sure. We can go anywhere you need before heading to my place."

After going through Susanne, Wyatt opens the door to Reese's office, letting Katie in first. "I'll leave you two at it. Dad, I'll be stepping out for a while."

Reese gives a casual wave to Wyatt. "Alright. See you later." He stands up from his desk to greet Katie. "Well, glad you made it! I trust you got shown around. After I sent Scott after you, I hoped you would get here in one piece." He chuckles. "Anyway, today I'd like you to just get your bearings. Meet people, explore the floor. Tomorrow I'll get you started on the work that needs to be done." He sighs just a little. "I was hoping that you and Jason would stay on the Agency case, but I'm glad to have you here nonetheless." His assumptions show through. "We tried setting Jason up with a partner once before but they couldn't get along, so this isn't new. Though Carter and I both prefer teams to loners." He shakes his head. "Anyway, Tomorrow you'll get immersed into the secretarial work I've got lined up for you, and we'll go from there."


Laura nods to Trish. "Yeah...Katie. She and Jason were just here recently...I heard Carter wanted them to be partners, but the talk around here has been that they couldn't get along." She frowns, not convinced. "They looked like they got along alright when they were here though, so I don't know. Brent said he thought Jason was gonna get sacked, but we all know that's not true, even after his suspension. He's too valuable for Carter to sack." She shrugs. "Anyway, yeah, Katie seems nice. She'll be staying with me for a bit."

No comments: