2/12/08

Content

Wyatt gives a short wave and turns to head back down the sidewalk, still trying to get Trooper to mind. He goes to the corner and turns, disappearing behind the houses on the next block over.

Laura is still in the living room, though is on the phone and doesn’t hear Katie return. Her one-sided conversation can just be heard above the movie’s volume. “No, I guess not…” She pulls her legs up on the couch as she talks. “So how’s he holding up anyway? ….really….I guess I wouldn’t have expected that. ….Mm-hmm…. A girlfriend? Really? Wow. Nu-uh. He hasn’t called in a while…I haven’t heard from him directly since right after he left. Didn’t expect to though.” She pauses, taking a sip of her iced tea. “Oh, really?” She frowns. “Well, enough has happened that I’d probably get down too… ….no, I’m sure you’ve done all you can. You can’t blame yourself.” She listens for several more moments, then grins, letting a laugh escape. “Okay…. Yeah, we’re fine. Alright…thanks, Con. Bye.”


Mick lifts an eyebrow, a chuckle slipping out as BJ settles into the small space between him and Rosetta. “Oh, does she now? Well I like it too.” He glances over to Rosetta as she rests her head on his shoulder, and leans his own head against hers for a moment. It was so peaceful now…why couldn’t it stay this way? If it weren’t for the Agency looming over them, it could be like this all the time.
The movie playing grows fuzzy and before Mick knows it, his weariness has taken over, drawing his tired eyes closed.

Luke lifts an eyebrow, sighing deeply. “I didn’t want you to have to worry about me….” He gives her hand a squeeze. “But apparently I can’t hide things from you very well.” He shrugs. “It’s just those nerves in my back that were severed after that fall I had… just makes walking hard every once in a while…I guess maybe it’s developed into more through the years now…I get more pain since I can’t exercise my legs properly.” He pauses, wondering about the future. “You can take a look if you want, and if it’ll make you feel better.” His grows quiet for several moments, his mind taking him down the road of time. “Angel…it’s not going to get any better…if anything, it’s just gonna get worse, and… are you sure you want to spend your time taking care of me if I need it?” A deep concern backed by love passes through his eyes. “I couldn’t bear the thought of you suffering because of me…it’s hard enough for me to admit now that I might need that kind of help…. I know you love me, but I don’t want to put you through that if…if it will take away your joy.”


Cindy gives a contented sigh as she watches the rest of the movie. As the credits roll, she gives a little laugh. “I don’t want to move…I think I’ve grown roots in this seat.”

No comments: