1/26/08

Thank you

Luke chuckles and gives Angel’s cheek a playful tweak. “If I didn’t get into any trouble, it wouldn’t be any fun because you wouldn’t be around to get me out of it.” He sighs deeply and lets Angel straighten back up again. “Seriously, I’m gonna call back home and see if Kyle can bring my car down here soon – start getting a few things settled with that.”

Clint swallows a mouthful of coffee. “Mm-hmm,” he mumbles. “I think I got about two hours worth of sleep.” He rubs his eyes wearily and yawns.

Jason smiles as Katie greets him at the door. “Thanks, Katie…” He nods towards his bunk. “For the surprise too. You know how to make a person feel good.” His eyes linger on hers for several moments as he searches for the source of her care. It’s something he just can’t understand.
He accepts her help to the closest table, and eases himself down in a chair, biting his tongue as pain shoots through his leg. He takes another chair to prop his leg up, and once halfway settled, he nods to Katie. “Actually yeah, if you don’t mind, I could use some orange juice. Thanks.” He takes off his hat and sighs deeply, receiving several ‘hellos’ and ‘welcome backs’ from those around him.

Jade smiles big and comes to sit down across from Jason. “Hey, stranger.”

Jason grins. “Hey there.”

“You had everyone pretty scared there for a while.”

“So I heard.”

“How ya feeling?”

Jason shrugs. “As well as can be expected I guess.”

Jade chuckles. “That good, huh? Well this afternoon when you get a sweet tooth, there’s some cookies for you in the kitchen.”

Jason quirks an eyebrow. “Oh yeah?”

“Yep. A little bird told me what your favorite kind was.”

Jason laughs. “Well thanks.” He waits for Katie to return, glancing around to catch Con’s eye, who looks away. There that was again… what was Con hiding?

No comments: