1/26/08

Going home

Con chuckles puts a hand in the air as a promise. “He’ll be safe - you have nothing to worry about there.”

A very brief flicker of disappointment passes through Jason’s eyes, but he’s quick to remove it. “I’ll be fine,” he grins. “Get going and get some good sleep. I have a feeling if I knew how much y’all have been awake the last few weeks worrying about me, I’d feel pretty guilty.” He settles back in his pillow. “Safe drive…see you soon.”

Con nods to Katie and thumbs down the hall. “Take your pick who you want to ride with. Two vehicles are leaving.”


Mick slowly walks down the hall, talking as he goes. “Yeah…I think we can trust Damien… I think he’s proved he’s on our side anyway, after he helped with Wendy that one time, then he saved her life, and he helped us with Jason… I would hope that we could tell if he was lying or not by now. The past warns me not to trust him, but my gut says he’s alright.” He shrugs as they come back to the lobby and find Damien, and he brings the conversation to an end. “Hey, Damien. Coming along?”

No comments: