11/19/09

Soon?

Trent stops pacing to look at Angel, mulling over her own logic. "Maybe if Jasmine comes and I'm not here, it would be a good reality check for her."

Turning to leave, he hears her final statement, and he pauses with his hand on the doorknob. "Family doesn't always deserve to belong. I'd like to believe it's as simple as you say, but... I have yet to see how it works that way. I've been on the other end for too long."


Gunner doesn't move for a moment, other than gritting his teeth. His eyes remain down and he shrugs. "Ah well... I guess that's what I get."

Pulling back his hand, he stands from the table and fishes in his pocket to pay for the float. He didn't want Bree to have to pay for a half-eaten treat. "I gotta get back to work," he mumbles. "I'll see you soon?"

No comments: