11/5/09

Keep busy

Mick looks up slowly from where he was untangling Remington's bridle. Meeting Wes' eyes, his own hold a dim look. Apparently news hadn't traveled too far yet. Mick couldn't remember everything... but he did know he'd been shouting outside... he remembered seeing Rosetta with BJ, who was crying, and he'd woken up in the bunkhouse, which meant he hadn't been allowed to spend the night in his own bed. That alone told him he'd done more damage than he cared to think about.

"Getting hit by a couple trucks woulda been better," he retorts dryly. "You wanna do me a favor, you go in the office, take the spare truck keys and put them somewhere I don't know about and don't tell me."

His tone was dead serious. "Then go check on Rosetta and BJ for me. I gotta go clear my head so I'll be back later."

He wraps up the reins and slings them over his shoulder before starting for the door. "After that, I got a lot of pieces to pick up."


Jade grins as Dan helps her with the pitchfork. "Back home at the riding stable, they were always getting after me for doing things the hard way... guess I just never learned." She scrunches up her nose and giggles. "At least I got you here to set me straight before I ruin my back."

She throws him a teasing look. "Will you have any time to go riding today?"


Gunner looks to the side quickly at Hope and a smile spreads on his face. "Well, Doctor Garrison, you made it!" He stands up, not giving her time to get settled, and leads her over to a little sitting area away from the others. Sinking down at the edge of an easy chair, he motions her to another chair or the couch.

He gives her a crooked grin. "I just wanted to make sure you still had enough work to keep you busy. Wouldn't want Reese thinking there wasn't enough for you to do."

No comments: