11/5/09

Disappointment

Gunner shrugs, offering Hope a sheepish grin. "Well... that, and I'd rather have a session with you than the shrink they got here."

He looks down a moment before leaning forward on his elbows and picking at his fingernails. "Um... actually... I don't know..." Glancing up, there was much emotion behind his eyes, though he was better at controlling it today. "I guess... well, Bree was here last night and... I guess I realized that there was still something worth living for."

His grin comes back, just a small crooked one. "I got to think about something else for a while and... I don't know..." He shrugs. "I figure if I could have a good time for a couple hours then... maybe a few more of those and I wouldn't want to jump off a bridge again."

Gunner takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly, and keeping his eyes on Hope's. "I know they'll still want me here a few days but... I wanted to tell you that more than the others here who don't know me from a hill of beans. I thought you deserved the thanks more than they did."


Mick turns to Wes as he leaves, wanting to say thank you, but the words seem stuck. Sighing, he takes his bridle to Remington and finishes saddling up.


Sparky is wandering towards the dining hall when he sees Wes heading for the house. His lip was still swollen from the night before and it had obviously been split, but he'd survived.

"Wes... wait up." He wants to catch him before Wes spoke to Rosetta. "Look, um..." Hearing hoofbeats, he looks up quickly to see Mick trotting Remington away from the barn, heading towards the back path. He lifts his eyebrows. "Well... at least he's out of bed."

He sighs in disgust. "That idiot went and got himself drunk last night." Though his tone was irritated, there was disappointment in his eyes. "I don't know what happened... sounds like Dylan went and got himself missing, Jill convinced the cops not to let Mick get involved and he went off the deep end. Came home late, drunker than a skunk, yelled at Rosetta and BJ, socked me... Dan and I got him to the bunkhouse before he passed out and that was the last I saw of him until now. Did he say anything to you?"


Eli tosses his hand of cards down with a disgusted, "Gah! Who shuffled these anyway?" It was himself. But he needed someone to blame for the lousy luck in cards.

He glances to Ryan across the little table, one eyebrow quirked. "Okay, so that's five to two. I don't think I'm going to catch up by the time they let you out of here." He smirks and collects the cards to shuffle them again.

"Speaking of which, you got a floor I can sleep on at your place? I wanna hang around for a few more days, but the hotel has eaten a hole in my wallet."

No comments: