11/5/09

Leaving?

Gunner grins a little, hoping that she was right. "Um... Hope?" He scans the room, making sure the doctors are far enough away. "You don't... think you could pull any strings and... get me out of here any sooner, do you?"


Eli ducks and cringes at Ryan's slap to his head. "Well! I didn't want to bother you. You've got enough on your mind."

He's quite a moment as she shuffles the cards and talks of going home. "Yeah, you know I wanna stick around long enough to see you drive."

Growing quiet, he sits thinking as she deals out their next hand. "Ryan..." He'd been intentional about avoiding this subject until now, but he wanted to ask. "You and Leo... done for good?"


Sparky tries to muster up a small laugh and he shakes his head. "Naw, no loose teeth, surprisingly enough." He brings a hand to his sore lip. "Reconsidering my options though. Eric's headed for Houston tomorrow..." He shrugs. "Might be worth a change in scenery for me. Get out of everyone's hair around here."

He shakes his head, moving on quickly. "Well, I'm glad Mick asked you to check on Rosetta - at least he's thinking of them now that he's sober. I just hope he didn't go to ride of a cliff somewhere, the idiot." He shrugs. "But the minute I go after him is the minute I get another punch to the mouth for caring."

No comments: