11/1/09

If you want to

Gunner is surprised as Bree takes his hand, and he's really not sure what to do for a moment. Receiving her thank you, he's a little confused. He hadn't thought he'd done anything that great, let alone say the right words. He'd thought it was horribly corny.

Turning his head again, he catches sight of Bree's tear, and he bites his lip. Reaching over with his free hand, he brushes it away with a finger. "I'm the one that should be saying thank you," he comments quietly. "If it weren't for you... I'd just be a doped up ward with no friends. But you..."

He points back up at the stars again. "You carry that light with you... and you share it. I don't understand it... and I can't see it... but I can feel it."

He returns the squeeze to her hand. "Maybe when I get out of here... we'll have to do this more often... look at the stars." His neck turns as his eyes roam her soft face. "If you want to."

No comments: