11/11/09

Going to bed

Mick lifts his eyebrows slightly, as if almost surprised at Rosetta's strong feelings. Though she was calm, he knew well enough to know that she was serious.

"But..." He tries to find the right words, not really sure how to feel now. "I can't... just sit here, when I'm more than capable of helping. I may not be an official agent, but it wouldn't feel right not to use the abilities I have. If there's one thing I can do, or any extra information I have, or anything... if that helps get Dylan back then... I would think it would be worth it."

He looks at Rosetta's eyes, trying to read her, and trying to figure out what he was supposed to be doing. "I love you and BJ, you know that. But you're both safe here... and nothing's gonna happen to me. TJY would help, yeah, but... how can I not be involved?"


Gunner chuckles. "Mmm... maybe it's the other hand that's being protected."

He turns his head, craning his neck to look over at Bree, a little grin on his face. It seems he's going to say something more but changes his mind, and instead he rocks up and back to his feet, going for some of the fruit that Bree had brought.

Another hour passes with little chatting and lots of stargazing. Constellations are found, a couple planets spotted, and an in-depth discussion evolves around the subject of light years.

Too soon, Gunner knows Bree will have to get back to work. He stands at the telescope, not looking through it, but resting one hand on it, while looking out at the city instead. "I guess when the city goes to sleep, that's my cue to go back to my cell." He sighs, running a finger along the cool metal of the telescope. He didn't want to leave yet. He was enjoying himself too much. A dry laugh escapes. "I wonder if I ever gave my mom a hard time about going to bed."

No comments: