11/11/09

Dangerous walkway

Mick gives a little groan and flops back in the couch, running a hand over his face. He didn't like what he was hearing - it just made his inner battler worse.

Growling, he stands up and paces a little. "Dylan's in front of my own two eyes too," he mutters under his breath. Stopping at the small fireplace, he looks at all the pictures that they have collected and set on the mantel. There are many of him, Rosetta and BJ. And there are also a few of Jade, and a couple of Dylan. All of a sudden, he felt torn between those two worlds, and wasn't even sure why. Why couldn't he go? What was wrong with wanting to help find his own son?

Wandering to the kitchen, he remains in the doorway, silent, waiting to lock eyes with Rosetta. "I'm sorry you don't understand." His voice is steady. "And I'm sorry that I'm more worried about my son than you are - I guess I can't expect you to feel the same way I do. I'll call the police in the morning, and if they still haven't found anything, I'll arrange for the guys here to look after you and BJ and I'll be taking the first flight to Nevada."


Gunner isn't really sure how to respond to Bree's remark. It was different... here he was, not happy that he couldn't remember, and she wanted to forget.

He opens his mouth to respond, but stops as he suddenly feels Bree's palm on his face. His eyes snap to hers. He should have laughed at her comment about him being her only vamp, but for some odd reason, even though he felt the humor, it just didn't want to come out. Instead, his skin grew warm, starting from where Bree's fingers paused on his cheek.

"Traveling a road with a vampire can be dangerous," he almost whispers.

Slowly, he reaches up to take her hand in his, and he just holds it for a moment, perhaps not even realizing that his thumb was caressing her palm.

Then breaking the moment, he lets her hand go and turns, hopping up onto the ledge of the roof. It was a good two feet wide, but walking it would not be recommended by anyone. Gunner paces it slowly, seeming to not care how far down it was with no railing.

"I can't travel that road anyway," he muses thoughtfully as he slowly walks, holding his arms out to the sides for balance. "I can't revisit what I can't remember... all I can do is dig up facts from unknown sources to maybe catch a glimpse of what my life was like before."

No comments: