9/29/09

Walking away

Gunner's shoulders drop and he looks at Hope with an expression of disbelief. "I can't trust anybody, can I? So I get a little crazy and wander the streets in the rain, and all of a sudden I need more help. Great."

Turning around, he steps back into his cubicle to grab his keys and turn back around, glaring at Reese. "Give me back my gun."

Reese stands firm, feeling a little braver with Hope on his side. "No."

"Give it back!"

"No, Gunner."

"Fine. You know what? I quit. This isn't worth it anymore." Gunner spins on his heel to stalk to the exit. "Bridges make less of a mess anyway," he mutters.

Reese watches Gunner walk away, feeling helpless. He glances to Hope. "Do I just let him go? Last night I was with him an hour and he never said a word. He was just... sitting there. I finally just took his gun and left. Figured he'd be alright once I got a hold on that but..." He shakes his head, clearly scared by Gunners behavior. "...I'm worried about him."


Gunner burns rubber as he speeds from the parking lot. He didn't like feeling this way: out of control. He never lost his temper, and he'd just had a shouting match. It didn't feel good. Worse, he didn't like the deeper feeling he had... the one that he'd buried twelve years ago.

Heading across town, he hits the quieter side, bypassing the little shop where he frequented for floats. This time, he went further, passing by the intersection of the accident, and continuing on to the bridge outside of town. It was a long one, stretching over more rocks than water. Pulling off to the side, he gets out if his car, wandering slowly on foot until he was in the middle of the bridge. He stops and stares down over the guardrail, his thoughts wandering places they never should have been.


Jason rolls over in bed and finally opens his eyes. Yawning, he stretches. He felt... good after sleeping in. But something else felt different too. It almost takes him a minute before he realizes what it is. He felt... emotions again... a lot of them. A gentle smile creases his lips. It was strange, running on pure emotion again.
Morning, Hero.
He glances to his nightstand as he sits up and pulls on his jeans.
If you got a minute, stop by...I've got something for ya.

No comments: