8/7/09

Your name

Ryder slips his hand down to find Thirteen's. "I'm not going anywhere." He nods to Trent. "You can come sit in the kitchen with us."

Following the other three, Trent walks a bit nervously, throwing Katie a glance that is not easily understood. He smiles though. "Coffee sounds great."

Once he's sitting down, he looks across the table to Thirteen then Ryder. "Reese tells me you're acting as her guardian?"

Ryder nods. "That's right."

"I'm glad you're here too then. I, um... I've got some information..." He turns his attention back to Thirteen. "...about you." Pausing, he swallows hard as if trying to stay composed. "See... a long time ago, I was part of the Agency too... but I'm on the right side now. I know a lot about the past... including information about you." A small smile comes to his lips as he studies her face. "You, um... were raised by the Agency. But the people who raised you weren't your real parents. They were going to use you for some bad things, but fortunately, they changed their minds after trying to start you in that direction."

Trent pauses, clearing his throat. "Your um... your name is Jasmine."

No comments: