8/7/09

Trudging

Ryder watches Thirteen leave, his shoulders dropping a little. He's about to leave the room too, when Katie stops him. Looking into her eyes as she speaks, he suddenly knows that she knows the truth. She had figured it out.

"Please don't say anything," he requests quietly. "I was asked not to, and I intend to honor that, at least for now." He gives her half a smile. "I know she has a right, and I agree... but the timing isn't right."


Gage wanders down the hall, his hands in his pockets and feeling in the way when someone passed. His head and eyes down, he trudges to the main floor. Looking around, his stomach growls. Without the normal routine, lunch had been forgotten. Not catching anyone's eyes, he finally finds Sapphire's cubicle. Stopping in the doorway, he hesitates. "Um... hi." He bites his lip. "I didn't know... where else to go."

No comments: