8/7/09

Nice to meet you

Trent looks at Thirteen with compassion. "When someone grows up in the Agency, often their past becomes foggy. The important thing now is that you're no longer with them - you're free to grow and... and live." She was alive. It took all of Trent's power not to let the tears surface. "So that's... what I wanted to tell you. Stick close to the Elite and you'll make it." He offers a warm smile. "You've grown up into a lovely young woman." His gaze then turns to Ryder. "I'd like to speak to you a moment in private if I may."

Ryder is is surprised, but agrees. "Sure." He looks to Thirteen. "Be right back." Leaving with Trent, it's a good ten minutes before both men return, and when they do, Trent doesn't resume his seat. He simply finishes his coffee, prepared to leave.

"I have to go now, but I'll be back sometime. Katie, it was good to see you, and Jasmine... keep Ryder in line." He throws her a wink. "It was nice to meet you."

No comments: