6/17/09

Scared

For some reason, Hunter still seems uneasy leaving Alice alone with Kyle, but seeing that she might want to talk privately, he backs off. "Alright... I'll be outside."

Kyle watches him go, keeping his head leaned back and resting it against Alice's arm. He was a little confused at her serious tone... but didn't know if he was misreading her because of his state of mind, or if she really was being sober about something.

Closing his eyes against the light, he shrugs. "You can tell me anything, you know that. Right about now, hearing something new will at least make me forget I feel like throwing up for a few minutes." He tries to quirk a smile, but it's a weak one.

Reaching up and back over his head, he messes teasingly with Alice's hair before letting his arm drop back down again. "What's on your mind, Shadow?"


Mick can't help the laugh that escapes, hearing BJ's innocent logic. "Okay... we can do it that way because we both Love her." He winks at the little boy before standing up and carrying the saddle back to its rack. Every day was full of little corrections, but BJ was finally picking up on them. The boy was a genius when it came to mathematics, but speech was something else altogether. Mick remembered what the doctor had said when they'd discovered the location of the chip, and it seemed to fit. He just hoped that their decision to leave things as they were had been the right one. Right about now though, he wouldn't do anything to ever risk BJ's safety... Mick couldn't imagine the ranch without the little ball of energy running around.

"Alright, Bud, let's say you and I get cleaned up, find an excuse to go to town and we'll go do our secret shopping?"


Scott refuses to look up and meet Hope's eyes. He stares down at his hands in hers, his own shaking as a reaction to everything going on.

He knew what she was saying... and he wanted to believe her... and somewhere deep down, he did want to help. He didn't want to be helpless anymore... just a dead weight. He wanted to prove he was still of use.

But what about last time? The only time he'd been out in the field and he'd been abducted. What about this time? What if the Agency got a hold on him again? Or worse yet, what if he made a fatal mistake that led to TJY's failure to save Katie?

"I can't," he mumbles again. "I... it.... what... what if I do fail? What if I can't remember? What if I wind up turning against my own team without realizing it? I... I don't know. I just...." He swallows hard, his voice wavering as another bead of sweat trickled down his face. His lip had started to bleed again. "I'm.... I'm scared."


Gage fights against his ropes and glares at Nate. "I was just doing my job," he retorts. "All I know is we were supposed to hold her and that's it. My job wasn't hard." He gives a jerk with his arms, trying to free himself, but it didn't work.

"Give me what's in my pocket and I'll talk more," he tries to bargain. He knew he had one syringe left that hadn't been found when he'd been brought in.

No comments: