3/15/09

Unspoken

"Yeah, I'm always trying to find good hiding places, or lookout points," Axel admits. "Every once in a while I happen on a view that really is amazing."

Feeling Jess' hand on his, he instinctively realizes that something is different about this time. It wasn't his sore hand, and she wasn't trying to help... Turning his head, he catches her eye. A look was in her stare that hadn't been before. His gaze pierces her own as he tries to figure her out.

"I think I might have just found another one."


Laura looks down and gives a little nod. "I'm okay." She lifts her eyes to Nate again. "It's just... yeah." A short laugh surfaces. "I told Con I didn't want to see anybody 'cause I don't know... I just needed time to think... to clear my head."

She pauses again, swallowing hard. "Look... I don't know if now is a good time or not... After all the trouble you went through to get here, I'd rather just let the hard stuff go for now."

Laura stands up again, fidgeting with her gloves. It was obvious that there was a whole lot she wanted to say, but wasn't.

No comments: