3/19/09

Miserable

For some reason, Laura feels a little timid, but she lets Nate bring her close, and sets her papers down on his desk. Sliding into his lap and feeling his arms around her, she just sinks in closer, letting him hold her and resting her own head against his. He was so warm and so comfortable... she had missed sitting with him like this. She realized that now.

Knowing that Nate was crying, brought more tears to Laura's eyes too. She knew that she had hurt him... so many times... in so many different ways.

She swallows hard and just cuddles in tighter, wishing the world around them would just vanish. "You did everything right," she replies softly, sniffing just a little. "It's just me... this whole thing... to begin with, it was my fault, not yours. And then.... then this thing with Bryce it just messed me up, and I'm sorry."

Laura's voice wavers, but she manages to keep talking, and remain in Nate's arms. "I just don't know how to feel or what to do, and I feel alone even when I'm surrounded by friends. I just... I don't know how to deal with something like this... but I don't want to be alone...."

A few more tears trickle down her face. "I know I said I didn't want to marry you... and I know I've been doing a good job of pushing you away... but please..." She sniffs, her voice becoming a quiet whimper. "Please don't leave me. I'm miserable without you."

No comments: