3/19/09

Maybe

Carson quirks an eyebrow at Katie, still uneasy. "Come on, Hero. Level with me. Don't wait for the bigwig to do it. You know what's going on - I can tell."


Axel opens one eye, hearing Jess slide down on the floor, and feeling her take his hand. He shuts it again though, more relaxed than he had been in a long time. "It went okay, I think," he replies. "He seemed like he believed me... seemed like he was sorry for jumping on me without facts too, so I guess that's in my favor. He's gonna tell the rest of the gang so I don't have to... that much I'm glad of."

He pauses and just lets Jess work on his hand. It had hurt so bad this morning, and now it was bad enough that he couldn't even use it. He knew he needed to see a doctor about it, but yet didn't want to. "Thanks, Jess," he mentions quietly.

After a few quiet minutes, Axel realizes that he's almost falling asleep. Blinking, he withdraws his hand and moves to turn onto his side, leaving plenty of room in front of him on the couch. He gestures to her, offering her the space, only if she wanted it.


Laura bites her lip as Nate talks, her eyes concentrating on her papers. "You mean... I haven't... I mean..." She stumbles over her words, not even sure what she was trying to say. She remembered well her own words to Nate the night before. But today....

She swallows hard, a tear starting to surface. "I thought maybe... maybe I'd lost you for good."

No comments: