10/13/08

Least of all

Mick swipes the side of his head with the back of his hand, his jaw set firmly. Looking at Rosetta, it’s plain to see that this pains him more than anything.

“His foreleg is broken in more place than one… trying to fix it would just put us and him through heck, not to mention the bills. Even if it were possible to get him back on his feet, he’d never carry a rider well… and he went berserk on me out there… he’d never be a safe one to ride.”

Mick pauses, swallowing hard, and trying to ignore his physical pain for now. “I’m sorry. Maybe I took him on too soon…”

Emotions rising again, he turns to leave. “Just keep BJ away… I don’t want him to see this.”


Carson returns Jess’ kiss, his own grip tightening around her, bringing her even closer against him. His hand moves to cradle the back of her head, the other caressing the side of her face, his thumb slowly running along her cheek.

As she pulls away, his eyes display mischief mixed with disappointment, the edges of his mouth starting to grin.

Keeping his arms around Jess, he walks behind her, just to teasingly pull her away from the cupboard just as she reaches for the plates. “I think lunch can wait another…” He leans down over her shoulder to kiss her cheek. “Two minutes?”

His arms slide together around her waist before he turns her around again, backing her up against the counter. “Unless you’re really that hungry and you’ve had enough of me for one day.”


I can't stop thinking about it either.

Jason flips through some files, running his finger down to a list of phone numbers. Some had been scratched out and rewritten. He stops, still unable to concentrate.

I don't know... I don't know if he's really alive or not. The Agency is crooked enough to hold him.. and who better to hold than the one guy who could royally hack our system?

Jason tries to set his mind straight and clear his thoughts, but it just won't work.

I just don't want to even hope that he's alive though... after all we've been through... I just don't want to hope and then be disappointed... least of all you.

No comments: